Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Photos Photos Photos... oh and some music and movie stuff.

There are a few new Photos to talk about, so I'll take em one at a time.

Subway
Subway
This photo was taken when I while I was on the subway in Shanghai, as you can probably tell from the photo, the car was pretty packed. I think this was sometime around lunch hourish so everyone and their mother were going somewhere. This was a rather cool shot I thought, if you follow the link and look at the bigger version on Flickr you can see that it's nice a grainy due to the high ISO used for the low lighting on the subway. Sometimes this is a curse, but in cases like this I find it a blessing. Grain + Black and White + a vivid lighting layer = cool looking. Very scientific. I guess we'll see if the Flicker community agrees or not.

There are two versions of the next photo.
Crosswalk
Crosswalk color version.
Crosswalk (black and white)
Crosswalk Black and White.
So, I am not sure which I like better, I'm leaning towards black and white, but if anyone actually reads this blog (which I highly doubt), and you want to toss an opinion my way about this (or anything else i post or say in here!) please comment. Be tactful and constructive though if you hate em both say you hate em but tell me why. Anyways this was one of a few photos I shot while crossing the road in Shanghai, there were so many people crossing. I'll eventually post a few more of the crossing photos so stay tuned. One of the reasons I chose this one is because of the sign. As Shelby noticed on flickr, there is a nice contrast between the three people crossing in the sign, and the horde of people that are actually crossing.

Thats all the photos for now, in other news I'll hopefully be hearing something about that job at Vogel soon. Waiting for schools to write you back is the worst part of applying for jobs.

Music: I just got into the band Hellogoodbye thanks to a recommendation from Amanda. They are a fun/happy synth-heavy group who are somewhat akin to Reggie and the Full Effect at times, and at other times seem more like Panic! at the Disco.

TV: I've started watching Lost, and I must say I'm hooked. The show really knows how to drag you in and keep you watching. So far I love it, I was almost really pissed at the show when I thought they had killed off Charlie, but he lived so everything was ok. Also, the more I watch My Name is Earl the more I like it.

Movies: I watched AvP 2,and now I'm wondering why I did. The first one sucked and I didn't even know there was a second one until I saw the DVD at Chi Sai... 5 yuan and an hour later I was turning the DVD off and looking for something more exciting to do. It's not even really worth giving a full fledged review of... The acting sucks, the story is nonexistent and full of holes, and I'd comment on the ending if I'd even made it that far. I also watched Flushed Away recently, which was good! I guess you could say it was Dreamwork's answer to Ratatouille which came out about the same time and was also about CGI animated rats/mice. The stories couldn't be more different though, and it was done by the Wallace & Gromit people. It was definitely fun, and French Frog Ninja's are always cool in my book.

I've had a request from my buddy Lance to do a review for Shoot Em Up, so I'll try and watch the movie again tomorrow and then do a write up for it afterwards. Look for more photos very soon as well.

No comments: