Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Amanda



I've decided to blog this, cuz it is new... not brand new, but like a few weeks ago new. This is a print I did as an example of Reduction Block Printing for my 9th graders. It is Amanda, I KINDA drew it from this photo:



I obviously modified the pose and such,and opened the eyes, but its the same person... see any resemblance? The point was to make a Roy Lichtensein style print to demonstrate pop art to the kids, Some of the prints the kids did came out really awesome, they are hanging up in the display case now, so maybe ill bust out the school's digital camera and take a pic of the case so you can see some of the things they did. It was a lot of fun to teach and watch them create the prints. I have yet to grade them though.... bah I hate grading! Art shouldn't be about grades, it should be about freedom of expression. Unfortunately, most of my students need to be motivated to express themselves or they would do nothing but attempt to drive me insane, so knowing a major grade rides on the project gets em to actually produce quality work (well most of them anyways).

I'm happy with how this print turned out, this is 3/4, by far the best one. You can see all the prints at my Flickr

-Johnny

p.s. I swear something brand new will be coming soon.....

No comments: