Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Fight!



Ok this is a cut out I did one day while "teaching" my 9th graders. It's white contruction paper cut out and glued over black construction paper to create the image. I'll talk a little more on this later because I have to go greet my first class of the day!

Alright, school's out, but Art club is in! not too too many kids in, so im gunna let them do thier thing while I do mine.

First thing's first, a bit more on the above art work. As I said it is cut out... I really wanted to do something incredibly high contrast, and I thought a black and White ninja fighting would be cool for that, I stole the idea from an episode of Samurai Jack. Umm not much to say other than the fack that x-acto knife work is fun to do sometimes, I acctually did another one in the same cut out high contrast fashion today, this one with red and black, and I ended up putting its reverse on yellow papers, so I GUESS you can say I got two pieces of art out of one... Ill post those as soon as I get the chance to scan em.

Other art news, a few people, including Mrs. McDonald, my former mentor teacher at vogel Int have been asking how I do the "Photomation" pieces, so Ill post a step by step kinda thing in a future blog.

Non-Art News! Amber (my beautiful girlfriend for the uninformed), is finally getting her drivers liscence... how she went 21 years with out one I dont know. She passed her permit test though, and has already succeded in scaring her mom by checking text messages at a red light. "At least I wasn't sending any!" she says to me... She's adoreable. Also, she is going to be sent to grooming school soon and be liscenced as an offical groomer.. this is both good and bad. Good because she is going to be making alot of money doing something she enjoys, but bad because it means she cant go to China with me, which really sucks... More on this later.

Hmmm I cant think of much else to say right now. so Ill go check on the kids and maybe play with Photoshop and ninjas and photos or something.

-Johnny

No comments: